For this week’s Friday Blogging Experiment, I was originally going to do five things I hate, but decided to save that for a later date (perhaps next week), because I figured I shouldn’t talk about things I hate so close to Valentine’s Day. So instead, let’s play a game called “5 Things I Love.”
Here are five questions we can all answer. I’ll give you my answers, and then it’s your turn to respond in the comments. When I teach, I usually ask questions like these of my students each week, just as a way to get to know them. It’s an exercise in community building and relationships. We might even find that the answers you provide here will spark some interesting conversations with others!
So here we go:
1) Name a food you absolutely love – For me, I’d have to say sauerbraten, an amazing German dish that I only get about once a year, usually around my birthday, but boy is it amazing.
2) Name a band/musician you love – I have a really wide variety of musical interests, but it’s no secret that my favorite band for years has been U2.
3) Name a television show you love – This is tough because I don’t watch a ton of TV outside of certain sports and other events, but I think my favorite show right now is The Walking Dead. Now certainly, your choice doesn’t have to be a new one. If I were to choose from older shows, I might go with NewsRadio or SportsNight.
4) Name an author or book you love – Again, I have a lot, but in the end my all time favorite is probably C.S. Lewis, with J.R.R. Tolkien as a close second.
5) Name a sports team that you love – Pretty easy here: the Philadelphia Phillies. I love all of my Philly teams, but baseball is my favorite sport, so that seals it for me. If you’re not a fan of particular teams, per se, you can just name a sport that you happen to love, either as a spectator or participant.
So there you have it, my list of five things that I love.
Now it’s your turn. Just list them 1 through 5 and let us know which things you love in those different categories, and have some fun with it!
- Show Meaningful Love on Valentine’s Day (social.razoo.com)
- A Open Valentine Letter to Businesses from a Potential Customer (inklingmedia.net)
- How Your Business Can Take Advantage of Major Social Media Events (inklingmedia.net)